There are many methods for relieving oral pain.
– rinse the mouth with warm water to clean out unwanted food
– ice packs on the affected area
– avoiding snacks and foods high in sugar
– avoiding hard candy or ice
– avoiding sleeping on your stomach.
There are several tests that may assist in diagnosis of dental pain:
◦ Pulp sensitivity test
◦ Percussion test
◦ Mobility test
◦ Radiographic examination
Our dentist use a wide array of pain management tools, including:
• Analgesics such as aspirin or ibuprofen.
• Anesthetics such as novocaine.
• Sedatives, including a procedure known as “conscious sedation” or general sedation.